Monday, May 16, 2011

Our weekend in Corpus

We headed to Corpus on Thursday to remember my father. It was a bittersweet weekend. It is always hard heading to Corpus because I am overwhelmed with memories of my sweet father. After being delayed for over 6 hours we finally made it to corpus around midnight. Miss Kiley was an amazing traveler. Luckily we weren't that "family" with a screaming baby. Friday was filled with a private luncheon followed by a building dedication of my father at the University and a cocktail party. It was a very special day to be apart of but of course so very sad. I miss him so very much and it was much harder this trip because he wasn't there to meet and play with Kiley. My heart was heavy and hurt but I was so very proud of his legacy that he has been left behind. Saturday we made our regular stop at the Yacht Club, did a little shopping and then took Kiley to her first crawfish boil. Sunday we relaxed a little and head back to the airport to go home. We were exhausted needless to say.



The bronze plaque of my father


Family pic


Sweet Kiley dressed up


Meeting Mommo


Cuddling with MiMi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment