Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rodeo Programs only $3!

So for the past three weeks, I have been completely consumed with selling programs for Junior league at the Rodeo. Every program we sell for $3, JL raises a $1 for charities we support. Each year certain girls work more shifts than required to be "prize goers." Going into the rodeo since I was 7 months pregnant, I told myself I wouldn't take it super serious and I wouldn't get competitive. Well, anyone who knows me is probably laughing because of course that quickly happened. Selling programs is so much fun and it gets so addicting "competing" and seeing how many you can sell each night. Even during our snow storm I worked every shift- Lew thought I was crazy for volunteering when everything was closed but being the wonderful husband he is he drove me around during the snow storm to make sure I got there safely. I ended up working over 25 shifts and sold over 1740 programs!!!! (I think I worked 28 and sold 1774 but I'm not exactly sure) And to top off the 3 weeks, I ended up winning and being the Top Seller! I was so happy that all my hard work paid off! I won a pair of fabulous Lane boots along with a prize package worth over $1,000! I won colonial tickets, photo sessions, tons of gift certificates, Billy Bob tickets, hair cuts and styles, facials, and plenty of other goodies. It was amazing! And to make things so much sweeter the Rodeo committee gave me a baby gift. It was the sweetest thing and of course I started crying. It was filled of adorable baby clothes and a photography session for Baby K- so thoughtful and perfect. The other prize goers
were so sweet and I enjoyed getting to spend so much time with them. The rodeo committee are truly amazing! These wonderful ladies go above and beyond volunteering and making the
Rodeo and selling programs an absolute blast!I'm sad it is over but already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment