Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1 month recap

We had our 1 month checkup and she is just perfect! She is growing and developing wonderfully and we are so blessed to have such a healthy and happy baby. Our first month has been a whirlwind of a month but such an amazing experience. We are still learning and figuring our baby out, but I have the best team mate along side me. Lew and I have really tackled our tasks as a team effort and it makes such a big difference. We both let each other know when we have hit the "completely exhausted, can't function" mark and the other ones knows it's time to extra step up so the other can get a break. I'm so very lucky to have Lew as my husband- he is just too amazing.

Here's Baby Kiley at a glance and what we have been up to this last month:

Weight- 9.1 50% percentile
Height- 21 1/4 50% percentile
Head- 15 90% percentile (Ofcourse Lew said it's bc she is so smart with a big Brain)

Miss Kiley is such a sweet baby and rarely is fussy. The only times she gets fussy is when her acid reflux is acting up or she is a little gassy. Who can blame her? I wish I could cry when my tummy was upset. We started her on medicine drops to help with her reflux and it's help with her chalky spit up. She is still eating around every 4 and 1/2 hours and sometimes goes up to 6 hrs at night (usually it's around 5 to 5 1/2) She has even blessed us with a few 8 hour stretches. I know how lucky we are since most babies at her age go only 2-3 hrs. I still pump after each feeding around 4-5 ozs, so our deep freeze is being taken over by breast milk- ha! Kiley still fits into her new born clothes and her 0-3 month clothing swallows her. I'm not ready for her to grow up but I'm ready for her to fit into all her cute summer outfits that I bought way too many of! We think she is on the verge of out growing her newborn diapers bc they are becoming very full.

Things she loves:
-Falling asleep on our chest (I'm trying to break this habit but it's so sweet and Lew loves her to sleep on him so it's hard)
-eating! She is such a piglet and literally chugs
- holding her head up to try to look around when being burped
- her swing (she could stay in that all day)
- baths- she gets so relaxed and just lounges in the tub
- mirrors
- attention or to be held
- swaddled but only in occasion at night when she is over tired and crying- it really calms her down
- only likes Nuk genius passy's

Not a fan of:
-her pack n play- she doesn't like to be put down to sleep on her back flat. She instantly knows and wakes up
- being naked
- her acid reflux
- being sat up in her boppy while I'm doing something
- shoes or playing dress up


Places she has been (dont worry I know she isn't suppose to be out in very public places until 2 months because of her shots but we keep her covered and leave her in the carseat):
First trip to neimans 5/2 with Lizzy
First trip to Spanish Oaks ranch 4/30
Umbilical cord fell off 4/30- we thought lady ate it but then we found it
First winslows trip 5/6/2011
Sushi 5/7
Baby in a bar- rock bottom 5/6
Mi Cocina with haha 5/5
First colonial golf tourny 5/19
First bottle 3 weeks (defrosted bm)
First flight 5/12

There are more places but I didn't write them all down.

Overall we have such a perfect little one month old! We love you so much little Kiley and so very blessed to be your parents!


Best,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment