Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy 2 months!


Wow already two months? Time. Please. Slow. Down. I have officially become that mom that wants to hold her extra long before I put her into bed because I feel like these moments are already going too fast. I want to watch her sleep. Cuddle with her. Give her an extra kiss. Cuddle with her. Play with her. And cuddle with her some more. Two months have flown by but her second month has been even sweeter! I'm still amazed that she is mine and I feel so very blessed!

We went to the pediatrician today for her 2 month check up and shots. Broke my heart to hear her scream when getting those nasty shots. The appointment went great and she is ahead of development-Go Kiley! Here are her 2 month stats:

Weight: 10.95 -50th %
Height: 22.25- 50th %
Head: 15.5- 75th % (still all brains :) )

Our Dr always asks if we have questions and of course I have a list to ask him every time. This time I wanted to know when I can get Kiley to sleep 12 hours. He looked at my like I was crazy and asked how long she went now. I told him around 8-10 hours and he laughed. He told me not to tell any mom in the waiting room because they would slit my throat! Haha! He told me how lucky I was she went that long and that Kiley was spoiling me. Apparently, most babies at 2 months can barely go 6 hrs, so thank you Kiley for giving mommy more sleep at night!

This past month she started wearing size 1 diapers around 7 weeks. They were swallowing her but the newborns were getting snug. She eats 5 times a day. We are starting to adjust to a schedule rather than a routine. She has been waking around 6:30/7 so we feed around 11, 3, 7, 10ish and she sleeps until her 6:30/7 waking. I'm trying to adjust the times a little to try to get her to start waking around 7:30ish. She still eats 4ozs if we defrost BM and give her a bottle but I think she eats around 5 or so ounces if nursing. We are still strictly on BM and have plenty of it frozen-probably around 900 ounces. Newborn clothes still fit her and her 0-3 month swallow her.

New tricks/ Likes
-Rolling over (day before 8 weeks) and she has done it every time since.
- smiles :) and it melts my heart! She looks at me and gives me the biggest smile (hasn't conquered this for Lew yet but hopefully soon)
- is holding her head up
- Enjoys tummy time
- likes to "fly" with daddy
- loves to cuddle! She much rather sleep on your chest or arms rather than in her pack n play
- eating! This girl would eat all day if I let her. Such a piglet
- bath time
- loves her tongue, constantly sticking it out
- putting her hand into her mouth
- enjoying mommy more than daddy right now
- looking at lights and into mirrors
- the pool- went swimming the first time at Horseshoe Bay.

Dislikes:
- her acid reflux- we are starting to manage it but she still spits up and we go through 2-3 burp rags a feeding
- her gas. She is definitely a little tuter. It's so funny!
- getting over tired or bored. She gets fussier and sure let's you know. She is very vocal
- hates for you to pause in between feeding. She squeals! Very loud! It has become funny
- being naked
- being left alone


We love you so very much Kiley!

Mommy, Daddy and Sister






I couldn't take the pic fast enough to get her sweet smile



At 1 month




All her bandages from her 4 shots- poor baby. Lew said it looks like she got in a bar fight-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment