Monday, June 20, 2011

A lesson learned.....

It's been two months since sweet Kiley blessed our life and I'm constantly learning lessons as a mother. One lesson that's been interesting is the changes in friendships (this blog might have some "ranting" but it's my blog and I can be a downer if I want). You realize that some friends you thought would be so supportive, come visit and check on the baby- are NEVER around, come to visit only once, or not at all :( Yes my feelings were very hurt and it was a little hard to deal with and I took it very personal. After all a miracle of a new baby just happened to us and a so called good or best friend hasn't even met her or has spent maybe 1 hr with her visiting once?!? I mean seriously? I'm let's not pretend you have been "too busy" and by too busy you have had plenty of time going to the bars and what not. I mean after all its been over 2 months. Of course, I am totally normal and still would love to go to a girls dinner. And no I'm can't stay out until 2 am or later every weekend anymore- and frankly I don't want to or miss it. I have something way more important and special I want to spend time with.

But on a positive note God has blessed me with new friends, mommy friends and friends who have taken a great interest and support us in our new journey. Even to see some of Lews friends call and check in and just send a text because they care. Its so very sweet. It's a lesson that sometimes is hard to swallow because you miss how things use to be, but then I look at Kiley and smile. I know life has only gotten sweeter and will only continue to be better. I know one day those "friends" will understand motherhood and will yearn for friends and companionship and I pray I will be there for them one day, even though they weren't there for me.

I don't want you to think I'm a completely Debbie downer because I'm not. I am beyond thankful for all those who have supported us (and there are plenty and we are very, very blessed). I'm thankful for Kiley. I'm thankful for new mommy friends I have made who give me help and advice. I'm thankful for friends who have blossomed into great friends. I'm thankful because I am blessed beyond measure- I just needed to rant a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment