Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I love you baby!

Dear miss priss,

It's hard to believe you have been growing in my belly now for 35 weeks. It has been such an amazing experience to watch you grow from a little seed into a big cantalopue.... And still growing. When we first found out we received a sweet miracle from God we were thrilled. Mommy was definitely nervous and a little apprehensive but your daddy couldn't be more excited! Your daddy had been wanting you for years and was so thrilled and went straight into protective mode. That night he didn't sleep but rather researched all night what mommy could and couldn't eat, drink, etc. He also made a grocery store run buying every fruit the store was selling, along with baby books and prenatal vitamins. He was excited! As the weeks have gone by we fall more in love with you and are getting more anxious to meet you. We love getting to hear your little heart beat at each doctors appointment. Your daddy loves playing with you at night and if you are sleeping he puts two different TCU songs to my belly to wake you up and get you dancing. He gets so excited because you start dancing everytime. Your big sister is getting excited to meet you and give you lots if kisses. She likes to cuddle up next to me and put her head on my belly to cuddle with you. I know you will just love her! 
 
My pregnancy with you has been wonderful. I feel so blessed and thank the Lord for you all the time. I hear all these sad stories about couples trying to conceive and not being able to or mothers who have lost their baby. I'm just overwhelmed  and feel so blessed that God has given mommy such a great pregnancy and pray your delivery and health is just as perfect. Since you have been growing in my tummy you have given me a sweet tooth! I could eat dessert all the time and love chewing on ice that is half melted. I also love slurpees and your daddy is always amazed that I finish every last drop of my drink. I enjoy chickfila and dipping my sandwich into ranch and honey mixed (that's my sweet tooth.) Now that I am 35 weeks you have made me quit uncomfortable and I'm sure you fill the same way. Every so often you seem to spaz out in my belly because you don't have much room anymore. My belly has grown and I'm not sure how or where you can go these next 5 weeks. You only sit on the right side in my tummy and try to get you to move to the middle but you stay put. It's hard for mommy to sleep now- I'm too busy trying to get comfortable and once I finally do I need to go potty again. Oh part of the joys of being 35 weeks. I'm ready for you to be here so we can go to a beach and have a big frozen drink! You have my feet swelling now and mommy a little stir crazy. I think it's part because I only have 5 days to go anywhere before I need to stay put and wait for our big debut. Your daddy loves to put his purple stethoscope to my belly to hear you squishing around. He also enjoys sticking his finger in my belly button since it is officially sticking out. He thinks it's funny that your mommy waddles around and has difficulty breathing since you cramp my lungs.  

It's hard to imagine in just 5 short weeks, our lives will never be the same because you will be in this world. It's hard for me to think I'll be a mommy and have a child of my own. As time is getting closer we are trying to get prepared for you as much as possible. Mommy has been putting your daddy to work to make sure everything is just perfect for your arrival. We can not wait to meet you! Love you!  

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment