Friday, January 21, 2011

We are having a Little Horned Frog!


If you know me- you know I cant keep a secret because I get so excited! Lew usually always received his presents I buy him before its time; birthday, Christmas est. His mother wont even tell me anymore what she buys him because she thinks I will spoil the surprise. So imagine how hard it was for me to keep the best surpirse a secret for 8 weeks?!?! To make matters even harder Everyone knows Lew and I love our cocktails and we had a few events to attend while I was ‘secretly’ pregnant. The events included my best friends boyfriend (now fiancĂ©) was having his birthday party at Medieval times and that evening I drank vodka and sprite (aka Sprite); our dear friends Emily and Will were getting married the next weekend so I carried a glass of wine around with me; and then we had Labor with friends staying with us and a big TCU football game at cowboy stadium. Well, we made it through all the fun events without anyone asking or guessing if I was pregnant. And it was so relieving to finally let everyone know of our exciting news! Needless to say my family was thrilled! I am the first of my siblings’ to be pregnant, so I will be giving my mother her first grandchild and she is so excited. Lew’s parents were so thrilled as well and know how exciting grandbabies  are- his sister has two sweet little girls. Our friends were so excited and surprised. I did a great job of ‘pretend’ drinking. I think that was the hardest part of hiding the secret for 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment