Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One Week!

Wow has it already been one week since Baby Kiley was born? Let me tell you how absolutely amazing it has been. I know y'all are wanting the birth story but I am not done writing it yet. I still sometimes look at her and feel like we are babysitting a niece of ours, then I blink and think for one second and realize its actually OUR child. Wow. Amazing. Kiley is such an amazing baby and so easy. She eats every 3 hrs and naps between. The only time you hear her cry is if she has a dirty diaper or if mommy is taking too long to switch the side she is eating on. Other than that- absolutely perfect. She is as sweet as can be and loves to cuddle.

Here is a little recap of likes/dislikes/ what she is up to:
Loves:
-TCU
-Her little lamb swing- thank you Katie and Jack
- getting in her car seat and taking a ride- thanks Dana
- the purple NUK passy- she isn't liking any other kind right now 
- being swaddled tightly
- her vibrating chair at night after she nurses
-Sandstorm

Dislikes:
- dirty diapers (especially when you aren't holding her and she gets one)
- being naked
- her first 2 baths 
- having to switch sides to eat

We are currently eating every 3 hrs- 7, 10, 1, 4, am and pm around the clock
She nurses around 12-15 minutes total and then I pump. We are having her sleep in her pack n play next to my side of the bed. We also have converted my dresser top into a diaper changing station for the evening.

Overall things are just too amazing to describe. We are completely in Love with this baby. And it melts my heart watching Lew with her. He is so gentle and sweet with her. Love.

1 comment: