Monday, April 11, 2011

Only 10 days!!!

We officially have 10 days left before her due date! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed she comes before and not after or we will be adding days to that number...sigh. It's crazy how quickly these last 38 1/2 weeks have flown by. I felt like we were just telling people are exciting news and now she is almost here. I told Lew the other day "there is no turning back now" and he just laughed at me and said "uh Kelly there was no turning back 9 months ago!" Very true but it just seems so real now (well some what) I still have a hard time imaging us carrying out of the hospital a baby in our car seat that is actually OURS! So excting but definately nerve racking. Everyone keeps asking if I am excited, scared, nervous etc? Honestly a combination of all. I'm terrified of the birthing experience. I know it will be amazing but I have heard some many horror stories and I'm scared. On a side note people should NEVER share there terrible birth story with a pregnant lady. It's rude. Just simply tell them it's amazing. After she has the baby then you can totally let them know how awful yours was but don't do it before. Or even girls who have heard of stories- what are you thinking telling someone who is about to deliver these awful things? It's rude and mean. Ok thats my little rant. I'm nervous about how this all is going to happen and also about being a good parent, but mostly excited to finally meet our sweet child of God! Overall, I'm feeling good beside feeling like someone has taken and beaten me with a baseball bat in my womanly parts. We are excited and just patiently waiting on when she will make her debut. 

Other things going on with the Kinard Klan:
We have been staying very busy. Last week was my final week of my Junior League Provisonal year. So sad it went by so fast. I met some amazing women and had such a wonderful year. I receieved Provsional of the Year! I just couldn't believe it. There are soooooo many amazing women in our provisional class and they picked me? I just feel so honored. I had no clue I was going to receive the award Thursday night and afterwards was surprised by a celebration dinner at Michaels. I just kept smiling that night after everything thinking how sweet my friends are and have very blessed I am. Saturday night we celebrated Kelly and Parker at a wedding shower in Dallas. It was so fun, even though I was exhausted and my feet were swollen like marshmallows. The hosts did such a wonderful job of decorating and everything. I made it until 10! I was so proud of myself. As for Lewis and I, we have been going on tons of date nights. I just love spending time with him and I am such a lucky women. We had Hibachi Friday night followed by Marble Slab, and Capital Grille Saturday before the wedding shower. Sunday we headed to Church and headed to lunch afterwards, followed by last minute "get ready for the baby errands." Overall, we have been busy trying to get ready the best we can.

Last little note: I have officially become the super pregnant lady people stare at because they know I am going to pop any minute. It's so funny to watch people do double and triple takes and especially the men. I just giggle. 


So now we just wait until she decides she is ready.

 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly- I was just catching up on your blog and laughed about women telling you their horror stories about their deliveries. For the record, I thought the delivery was the easiest part of this whole motherhood thing. I know I am probably the exception because I had a very easy first time labor (7 hours), but I hope yours goes as smoothly, too! Enjoy the last couple days as just a twosome before your world completely changes. Can't wait for you to have your baby girl! I wish we lived in the same state so our babies could have playdates!

    ReplyDelete